Xiaolin Showdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xiaolin Showdown

Gong Yi Tanpai!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Latest topics
    » Training Area (Chase's lair)
    Edge of the River EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:50 am by Juria

» Anywhere in New York
    Edge of the River EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:09 am by Raven

» RANDOM TALK!
    Edge of the River EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:00 am by Raven

» Weather/dates
    Edge of the River EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:53 am by Raven

» New Shen Gong Wu
    Edge of the River EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:17 pm by Juria

» The Museum
    Edge of the River EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:58 am by Thalia

» Somewhere in New York
    Edge of the River EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:23 am by Juria

» Edge of the River
    Edge of the River EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:07 pm by Yinglong

» The heart of the forest.
    Edge of the River EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:32 am by Thalia

Top posters
    Raven
    Edge of the River I_vote_lcapEdge of the River I_voting_barEdge of the River I_vote_rcap 
    Juria
    Edge of the River I_vote_lcapEdge of the River I_voting_barEdge of the River I_vote_rcap 
    Loki
    Yinglong
    Thalia
    May 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    CalendarCalendar

Edge of the River

Go down 
    2 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Thalia

Thalia

Edge of the River Empty
    PostSubject: Edge of the River   Edge of the River EmptyWed May 11, 2011 10:44 am

Summer was arriving, but still a cool breeze rustled the trees in the Heylin side of the river. Thalia could care less which side she was on, the Heylin or the Xiaolin side. She crouched down near the water where she can see her reflection inside the river then dipped her hands in the cool crisp water. It still had the winter sensation inside the river. Thalia washed her face quickly then heard something rustle behind her in the bushes. She quickly stood up and pointed her arrow towards the bushes. She waited until it came out, hoping whoever it is has shen gong wu to spare.
    Back to top Go down
    Yinglong

Yinglong

Edge of the River Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Edge of the River   Edge of the River EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:38 am

"Mind to spare a hand here?"
    Yinglong did not put any hope on the stranger with an arrow pointing at the face, but still gave it a try.
    Like any other day, Yinglong found self wandering in the forest and ending up in the middle of nowhere, which is actually the name of the place on the map.
    With misfortune aura turning on once every three days and bounces every four times, he/she is sure getting used to it.
    This time a rusty trap trigger itself on its own and ending up being tied by the leg with hands knotted to the ground.
    It was never a good idea at all, especially where your are hanging upside down on a tree.
    'What have I done wrong, being tied is no fun at all'
    Bringing back unpleasant memories of the wooden hut and finding out there wasn't any rain last night made him/her angry.
    No sign of angriness was shown on the face, which was handsome for a girl, but too pretty for a boy.
    'Tarot Achievement complete: The Hangman'
    More or less making fun of self made him/her felt better.
    Back to top Go down
    Thalia

Thalia

Edge of the River Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Edge of the River   Edge of the River EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:53 am

Thalia lowered her bow and watched the person with precaution, she was about to ask who the person was, but was taken by shock when the person was now hanging upside down.

"You need help there?" she asked a gave out a small giggle as she walked towards the person. When she was face to face with the person she dropped her bow and arrow and began untying the rope which trapped the other person.
    Back to top Go down
    Yinglong

Yinglong

Edge of the River Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Edge of the River   Edge of the River EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:10 pm

"My name is Yinglong, by the way thanks"
    Yinglong was the kind of person that does really like to talk much and liked keep in distance from others.
    Mostly because he/she don't want to cause trouble which normally lead to more and bigger troubles, but then again she did save him/her a lot trouble so its fine.
    Seeing curious build on how Yinglong ended up in such a hilarious way, he/she replied with a bitter voice.
    "Just a side effects of a stupid aura"
    Back to top Go down
    Thalia

Thalia

Edge of the River Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Edge of the River   Edge of the River EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Thalia nodded a greeting, "The names Thalia." She hasn't spoken with anyone for a long time so to actually see someone from many months is really relaxing. She then noticed a bitter tone from Yinglong and she didn't really appreciate it, but bit her tongue back and at least try to become friends.

"Nah, you can't be that stupid it was just a mere accident you didn't see it was trap," she then gave a small laugh, "that's why they're called traps because they're hidden. Besides you can't call yourself stupid unless your worse then Jack Spicer." Just the name of his name made Thalia feel angry inside since she despises him, he's to annoying to even be around.
    Back to top Go down
    Yinglong

Yinglong

Edge of the River Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Edge of the River   Edge of the River EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:42 pm

Smiling was not really a thing that Yinglong could do, issues of a car crash.
    Reminding what the doctor said more than ten years ago
    `Bad news is a special hormone is being produced in this patient that inhibits muscle activity.
    The good news is important organ like heart muscles are not affected`

Facial muscles are too week to give a grin, but a chuckle was northing hard.
    "Jack Spicer is certainly a tin toy freak"
    "I guess you could drop by if you don`t mind, I`m fishing for dinner"
    Back to top Go down
    Thalia

Thalia

Edge of the River Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Edge of the River   Edge of the River EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:49 pm

Thalia thought odd about Yinglong, but didn't say anything much, she then couldn't help but agree that Jack was indeed obsessed with his robots I guess that's what happens when anyone ignores their son like that.

"You want me to help you fish?" Thalia offered to help. She didn't know how Yinglong fished, but how she fished was shooting an arrow at it.
    Back to top Go down
    Yinglong

Yinglong

Edge of the River Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Edge of the River   Edge of the River EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:32 am

"Nothing more than little trick"
    Yinglong walk towards the bank of the river where a few young trees lived happily together.
    He/she took a small branch lying on the forest floor and planet it just in front of a young tree.
    He/she took another twig and tied it to rope on one end, and a false baited hook on the other end.
    Tied the rope around the tree leaving a long proportion on the hooked end and the twigged end just enough to reach the branch.
    Using a branch from the young tree as a pulley Yinglong manage to tighten the young tree as a bow shape.
    The twig just manged to fit through a notch on the planted branch as a triger.
    "Here, all done"
    He/she tested it to make sure it was working fine.
    "Maybe not the brightest way but I guess it's the laziest trick"
    Another few seconds passed for Yinglong to set two more traps before the first fish was caught.

Last edited by Yinglong on Thu May 12, 2011 8:58 am; edited 2 times in total
    Back to top Go down
    Thalia

Thalia

Edge of the River Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Edge of the River   Edge of the River EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:52 am

As Thalia examined on how Yinglong fished, she thought her way was a bit easier, but she did think it was interesting if she didn't have a bow and arrow or a fishing pole. Thalia walked up to the edge of the river and saw a small school of fish swimming upstream and she pointed an arrow at it. She waited a while before shooting making sure she locked onto her target. She caught her catch of the day. She took off her sweater and stuck her whole arm into the cold water and gripped onto her arrow which had the fish attached to it. As she pulled out the arrow fish squirmed in the point, but then died slowly.

"There we go," She smiled as she plucked off the fish. It was a small fish for maybe one person, but it would do. She pointed her next arrow, then cursed under her breath when it swam away to fast and she only caught it's tail, but broke loose.

If Only I had Shen Gong Wu...Then I'll be able to catch more fish faster... She thought to herself as she shot another arrow towards the fish. Once she caught about 3 she thought it would be enough, plus the ones Yinglong had caught as well.
    Back to top Go down
    Yinglong

Yinglong

Edge of the River Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Edge of the River   Edge of the River EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:32 am

Fire is the most important discovery through out human history.
    Followed by electricity.
    With all four fishes ready, lighting up a fire was the only thing left to do.
    A pile of branches then twigs then leaves, not to mention they are all dry.
    'Drilling wood for fire, nay, that's non-sense when you are a lighter'
    Two small shaking flame appeared on both middle fingers since it was corresponding fire... (-_-)|||
    By simply clapping hands and point toward the leaves, the flames jumped of the fingers and merged together causing a bright spark.
    'the old scout camp fire'
    Preperation were finally finished and now all was left was waiting.
    Yinglong's thought flew back to yesterday's elemental experiment
    'Okay, it was a really dumb idea to use all my chi on something new'
    'No wait, even with all my chi invested , the output and input did not paired up'
    'Now the question is why?'

'Wood feed fire'
    Inspiration suddenly lights up bulbs for Yinglong while staring into the fire.
    'Even the slightest spark could light a feild'
    As he/she looked at his/her hand then back to the roaming fire.
    'Last experiment was a success, well sort of'
    'It proved elemental powers are divided into Heylin and Xiaolin corresponding to ying and yang'
    'As propertiies of ying and yang, they attract each other to reach an equilibrium state'
    'Which means as long as i could sustain a perfect balance of ying and yang, I could use small amounts of chi to borrow elemental powers from around me'
    'But once the balance is disturbed it releases all the energy it gather during the process'
    'No wonder why my small amount of chi could do such damage'
    'If only I could just find a way to achieve perfect balance...'

It din't took long for his/her tummy go on strike
    'Maybe another time' he/she thought 'first chow, then work'

--------------------------------------------------

"Thalia, where are you heading tomorrow? I'm just wandering around to see if I bump into anything interesting"
    'and to find a solution to strength problems' he/ahe added in his/her heart, and rather hoping Thalia did have a destination so he/she could end wandering in nowhere aimlessly.

Last edited by Yinglong on Fri May 13, 2011 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Thalia

Thalia

Edge of the River Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Edge of the River   Edge of the River EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:16 am

After eating the fish Thalia felt satisfied. Her gaze fell upon the crackling fire until she heard Yinglong's voice. She looked up at him and answered his/her's question. "Well I'm trying to find a way to get to New York to find the new..." her voice trailed off, she didn't want anyone else knowing about the new Shen Gong Wu, "I mean I just want to go visit there." She changed her thought. Truthfully she doesn't even want to remember her old hometown, but she would be going there soon enough.

"Why do you ask?" Thalia tilted her head slightly in curiosity.
    Back to top Go down
    Yinglong

Yinglong

Edge of the River Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Edge of the River   Edge of the River EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:44 am

'Something Is Rotten in the State Of New York'
    'No, no, no, this isn't time for jokes'
    'But something fun is going to happen in New York'
    Hollow eyes rose upon those pretty blue eyes, observing the blots of lighting that were flickering in them.
    'I see urge and disgrace in those eyes, fast as lighting, hard as thunder'

"Flying to New York"
    Yinglong looked around them to see if anything he/she could make use of.
    'Trees, branches, twigs, stumps, water, river, fish, birds, rocks...'
    'Come on, Yinglong you're looking but not seeing...'
    'What is the most common resource in a forest'
    'Life!'

"Okay, this might work" Finally the figure uttered a word.
    "You might wanna stay back a while"
    "As in, I might blow the whole place up"
    Back to top Go down
    Thalia

Thalia

Edge of the River Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Edge of the River   Edge of the River EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:28 am

Thalia's eyes widened a bit when Yinglong mentioned blowing the whole place up, "That wouldn't be nice," she mentioned, but then back away so she wouldn't get hurt. She stood by the river just in case she needed to jump in. Thalia watched Yinglong, her eyes focused on what he/she was doing.
    Back to top Go down
    Yinglong

Yinglong

Edge of the River Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Edge of the River   Edge of the River EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:53 am

"Thalia, if I were you I would standby the river"
    'This is a gruesome idea'
    Yinglong was look down on the a dying bird which had crashed its wing on a tree and landed on its head.
    It was in mess of its own.
    'I can't believe I came up with such an idea'
    He/she took out a small seed out of his/her pocket.
    'Jasmine seed, my favorite flower'
    'No one could create, retrieve an organism'
    'But healing wounds isn't against the laws of nature'

"Listen up ,sparrow, I'm going to heal your wounds with an experimental procedure"
    "In exchange for my service, I would like you do me a small flavor, give me a sign if you wish to proceed"
    Strangely, the dying sparrow gave sharp look at Yinglong for a while, then node its head.
    Well, the part which was used to be the head.
    "Okay, let's start"
    Colored flames lit up on the fingertips of both hands.

(This part is rather unpleasant, highlight it at your own risk)
    A seed was planted in the wounds of the poor sparrow, with a light clap green flames on the index finger vanish into thin air.
    Roots ingrain and replaced veins which soon all met at the heart.
    'I didn't know I would share senses with the bird during the operation'
    Yinglong felt as uncomforted as the bird, even he/she didn't have roots growing in him/her.
    'Like super long worms growing inside you tangling and warping around your blood vessels'
    'God... I feel sick, really, really sick'

Another clap, brick red flames on the middle fingers burst out.
    Petals grew at the end where all roots met, bumping sap like mixture.
    'Thick brownish sweet ooze running in veins, I could bet its nectar'
    Yellow flames on the thumb garter to gave a hard bang, turning bones into wood.
    On the fourth clap, white glaring flame on the ring finger shattered while giving a strong sizzle.
    Leaves sprouted as if they were feathers.
    Blue steaming flame splashed into small droplets among the final clap.
    A strong vacuum pull was building on the small body, water from the river slow driven towards the plantish bird which started to grown over size.

(Explanation: Linking the life forces between seed and sparrow, generally creating a Mutualism relationship with sparrow being dominate counterpart)

Yinglong fell on his/her knees when all is done, his/her face was paler than white paint, sweat was all over his/her body.
    The feeling of being taken over by a plant was nothing your should really experience yourself.
    Knots are tied in the stomach is smoothed easily, possibly throwing up in any next minute.
    'I'm not going to do this again' he/she swear to him/herself 'Never ever again.'
    The large sparrow gave a energetic cry, leaning its head on Yinglong.

Last edited by Yinglong on Wed May 18, 2011 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Thalia

Thalia

Edge of the River Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Edge of the River   Edge of the River EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:08 pm

Watched as Yinglong did a strange experiment. She half watched what he was doing, to disturbing to watch, but her curiosity kept her watching. Once the procedure was all done she walked quickly toward Yinglong.

"You ok?" She asked as she place her hand gingerly on his/her's back.
    Back to top Go down
    Yinglong

Yinglong

Edge of the River Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Edge of the River   Edge of the River EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:07 pm

"I'm okay, just leave me alone..."
    It wasn't any thing Thalia could help nor any actual harm is done on him/her.
    The only thing that could help was over coming the disgusting feel by him/herself.
    "Just extremely disgusted" tumbling with goosebumps, he/she shook for her hand.
    "Please, I need some privacy at the moment."
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Edge of the River Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Edge of the River   Edge of the River Empty

Back to top Go down

Edge of the River
    Page 1 of 1